Saturday, September 12, 2009

How Much Do We Choose To Remember

I know I will never hear the end of this. Yes, we remember 9-11. Yes, it was a tragedy and we shouldn't forget it. The thing is that it is so self-centered and selfish of America to focus all of the attention on that, when, really, there are SO many people dying DAILY in third world countries, and nobody cares. Nobody remembers kids dying of starvation in Cambodia. Nobody remembers girls that are traded in for refrigerators and sold to prostitution in China. Nobody remembers, men, women, and children that are brutally murdered by guerrillas in Africa. Why? I don't know. Is it because they are nameless? Because they aren't mentioned daily in the news? Because we figure that organizations like UNICEF are taking care of it'?Or is easier for us to look the other way and pretend like there is nothing we can do about it? I dont know. My point is, yes, 9-11 was a horrible day in history and it should have NEVER happened. But there are things going on in the world that should never happen either, and it doesn't seem to get as much attention or keep people from sleeping as much as 9-11 does. I some people are gonna get upset, I know some people are gonna say that I am not patriotic, I know. Well, those people shouldnt get upset, they should try to honestly see if there might be any truth to what I am saying. But I am too patriotic, American flag pinned up to my ceiling and all, but I am just not blind.
Ugh... go ahead. Hate me.

Oh, and while I am at it... whats the deal with this H1N1 scare? It pretty much doesnt even kill nearly as much as the regular flu does... but those labs are gonna make a killing selling the preventive shots. Right in the middle of a a worldwide financial crisis... I bet they will call it a happy coincidence too!

Sorry guys, I seem to be feeling oddly political tonight. Someone give me a hot cup ' joe, an oval office, and call me Commander and Chief! LOL...NOT!!

No comments:

Post a Comment