Saturday, June 12, 2010

GospelLife Concert & A Night Of Rememberance


So I know that I haven't been the greatest fan of posting lately. I honestly have been crazy busy, shooting out of town every weekend during the past month. I also must admit that I want to be caught up on the blog really bad, but with the current state of busyness I haven't felt too inspired to sit down and write another blog post. Now that I am done with my little introduction, here we go!

IMG_7846


In April I had the opportunity to shoot a historical event. As you may or may not know, the area of Spain where I live is known for it's terrorism. Doesn't it make you feel safe knowing that I will be going to the US on Tuesday? :D Just kidding. But in all seriousness, there has been plenty of terrorism going on for the past 3 decades or so. These so-called "patriots" are wanting to free the Basque Country from Spain and be an independent country. It's quite annoying.

Anyway, so they have done their fair share of killing people. Random people from small town governments that have little or nothing to do with their fight for independence. They just can't get to the big guys, I guess. Throughout these past 30 years the church hasn't really done much to outreach to the families of the victims of terrorism, mostly out of fear.

So, I am proud to say that my dad has a lot to do to change that! :D The churches all united and held a Gospel concert in honor of all the victims of terrorism, and as a symbol that the churches are out there to say that they want the terrorist acts to stop. So, here are the pictures!

IMG_7854

Girl Drummer
If you're thinking I took this shot because it's a girl drummer... you're absolutely right! :D

GospelCollage1
This guy didn't think I could take the shot on time... I had fun proving him wrong! ;)

GospelCollage2

Speech

IMG_8177

GospelCollage5

GospelCollage6

IMG_8158

Hands Up

Choir Shoes

GospelCollage3

GospelCollage4

Emotional Singing1


Near the end of the night my dad and another pastor read a manifest which stated a continuous commitment from the local churches to stand against terrorism and show support towards the families of the victims.

Manifest

Then one member from each church was called up one-by-one to light a candle in the name of their church, peace, and a new beginning.

Matchbox

Candles For Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment