Thursday, August 26, 2010

Adventures in Chicago::: Downtown Walk With Dave


ChicagoWithDave2
The drawback of staying in Chicago
was that I was staying at my cousin's apartment and he didn't have any time off. I may have been able to get around more if I'd had access to a car and GPS, but since I didn't I was pretty much stuck there until he got home.





Some days I did have friends pick me up and we'd go out and do something, but on this particular day I had no such luck. I told myself that it would be OK because that way I would stay in and get a lot of work done. Unfortunately, I was having one of those mornings where I can't seem to focus, and I ended up on facebook. As it turned out my new friend Dave was also home, off for the 4th of July holiday, and was apparently about as amused as I was.

Long story short, Dave and I ended up going to lunch and then I finally got a chance to explore downtown Chicago. I will skip the silly details of walking around and go straight to the pictures!

IMG_5123

IMG_5110
If only I'd had one of these I could have left the apartment! :P

ChicagoWithDave3

IMG_5138
Here's my tourist picture in front of Millenium Park! :)

IMG_5144

ChicagoWithDave1

IMG_5154

IMG_5160
I could spend hours taking pictures of The Bean.

IMG_5161
This little guy reminds me of the Guggenheim Museum of Bilbao, back home.
ChicagoWithDave6

IMG_5167
BTW, Lake Michigan is not like an Ocean. Just sayin'...
ChicagoWithDave7

IMG_5171
I fell in love with the trains, like in "While You Were Sleeping" :)
ChicagoWithDave4

IMG_5225
Very talkative street performers.

ChicagoWithDave5

IMG_5215
Buckingham Fountain


Dave thank you so much for taking me out on this walk! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment