Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Ryan&Julie::: The Wedding


Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

I cried at Ryan&Julie's wedding. I didn't really see it coming. It's unlike me. Yet, when I saw Julie start to walk down that aisle, dressed in white, and confidently walking forward towards the man of her dreams. I cried. I kept on wondering how come that happened. I am not a very emotional person like that, I don't cry. I'll put it this way, my grandmother turned her head, saw me, and couldn't believe it.






Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug


I think what happened was that there I was, seeing my first friend ever, the one that has seen me through every stage of my life. My "twin". The girl who is my sister, though I've only seen her 3 times in my life. There I was, watching her happily walking towards the promise God was fulfilling for her. Fulfilling her dream, and filling her heart with pure joy.


I want that.


Another thing that happened was that at that moment I was reminded of the seriousness of it all. Watching Jewels and Ryan together was beautiful. They can't help it, they love each other. They make it seem easy. Looking at them I know that when you get through the lost relationships, the hurt, the building of walls to shield your heart... when you get through that and find the one, it's worth it. It's SO worth it. And who knows, maybe, just maybe, someone else is looking on at you in awe and being encouraged to gather the pieces of their broken heart and keep going...and that is definitely worth it.


Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Okay, so enough with the mooshy stuff, it's slideshow time! :)


So, congratulations Ryan&Jewels on your new life together!! Oh, and Ryan, if you're reading this... be prepared, because when you married my big sister you also became my big brother! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment