Monday, September 6, 2010

Ebeth&Katie::: double baby/sibling/cousin shoot!!



Ebeth&Katie1

You really never know how the people you interact with today will affect you in the future. A clear example of this was when I booked a shoot with a former camp leader of mine, Katie. Let's just say that I was 12 when I met her and I had the slightest bit of an attitude problem, I mean, who didn't at that age, right? It's just hilarious to think now that so many years later she would be one of my clients. Of course, there were years of attitude-free interactions in between then and now, but it's funny to look back and remember that

I was the moody camper.












Ebeth&Katie2

Katie's older sister, Elizabeth, and I go waaaaaay back. Actually not as far back as Katie and I, but fortunately "Ebeth" didn't get to know me until I was much more social. Ebeth was a youth group leader when I was 15, and we hung out for a summer running errands, stuffing envelopes, dancing around mailboxes, and blasting music while on a sugar high. Good times.



The coolest thing ever was that Ebeth and Katie were pregnant at the same time, and due within 2 weeks of each other! I was super excited to see them this summer and get to meet their adorable babies (Katie's first) and so we just HAD to book a session.


Ebeth&Katie3


Little Stephen was SO cute. When I first walked in he was doing the typical toddler thing of being shy and hiding behind mommy. Not really interested in talking, and very aware of my presence. Ebeth has a Nikon DSLR, and she takes the cutest pictures of her kids regularly. Well, as soon as I pulled out my camera, he was immediately drawn to it. Not only did he not hide anymore, but he immediately walked up to me and started POSING!! Totally working the camera. Love him! :)


We had a double session, a "cousin/sibling" session and had an awesome time shooting and reminiscing about the days that earned me the nickname "Comedy Central."


So here's a little baby love!!


Ebeth&Katie4


Ebeth&Katie5


Ebeth&Katie6

Jacob

Ebeth&Katie7


Ebeth&Katie8


Ebeth&Katie9


Ebeth&Katie10


Ebeth&Katie11

Stephen

Ebeth&Katie12

Sara

Ebeth&Katie13


Ebeth&Katie14


Ebeth&Katie15


Ebeth&Katie16


Ebeth&Katie17


Ebeth&Katie18

Special thanks to Karis for assisting me with the reflector on this shoot. Reflecting, car-dancing, helping me figure what the GPS is saying, keeping babies happy, and dealing with the intense heat... all with a big smile on her face. Karis, you're awesome!! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment