Friday, April 8, 2011

Xabi&Kathrin::: Wedding

X&K TTD (98 of 98)

After months of preparation, nervousness, and millions or errands run... the day was finally here. Xabi&Kathrin were getting married!

I remember meeting them months before at a local coffee shop. Kathrin and I had spent a couple weeks emailing, chatting regularly, and otherwise getting to know each other online. The day we met was awesome because by then it really felt more like friends hanging out than us being in a client meeting. Xabi had just been thrown into the equation, and I think it's fair to say that he was initially somewhat skeptical. I actually thought it was really cute. He asked all the tough questions, and I was confident in my answers. I knew he was just trying to protect his lovely wife-to-be, so I knew my new friend was in good hands.

I was quick to win him over though, and by the time the e-session had come and gone, we were all getting really excited about the wedding pictures! In fact, it seems that every time I posted a sneak peek of a new shoot Kathrin was quick no notice it and "like" it on facebook, frequently commenting on how impatient she was to see her own. Fortunately the day came rather quickly. Their wedding was a beautiful day and even the light rain couldn't wash out the great mood. There was delicious food, traditional dancing, and way too much fun! Did I mention love? Yeah, there was also a lot of love. They are obviously crazy about each other, and I really really loved shooting this wedding. I was initially a bit worried that there may be a language barrier with all the Germans that flew in, but as soon as I started counting to 3 in German while taking the formal shots, and overheard one of the guests order beer in Spanish I knew we'd all understand each other perfectly. Oh what a day...

IMG_3962

IMG_4017

X&K3

IMG_4071

IMG_4112

IMG_4153

DSC02526

IMG_4174

IMG_4223

X&K2

IMG_4289

X&K4

IMG_4543-2

IMG_4604

IMG_4613

IMG_4650

IMG_4788

IMG_4906

IMG_4949

IMG_5023

IMG_5108

X&K1

IMG_5135

Congratulations Xabi&Kathrin, I wish you the very best!!

No comments:

Post a Comment