Monday, July 11, 2011

Travel::: France Day Trip

IMG_9513

I have a thing for France. Speaking in general terms, I know that americans don't tend to like it, but I do. It's calm, beautiful, their language sounds so sophisticated, and contrary to a lot of my friends I have never been treated rudely for not speaking french.

A few weeks ago my sister Alameth and I were invited to spend a day in Biarritz, France. It's about a 1.5 hour car ride, and the scenery is beautiful mountains and small towns all the way there. I kept reaching for my camera to try to capture the quaint essence of the city. The funniest thing is that I live in the Basque Country in Spain, and this is the French Basque Country. It seems way more basque than Bilbao! It was so funny to see flags and traditional basque objects surrounded by everything else written in French! It was like being at home and not knowing what was going on. It turned out to be one of the first warm days of spring, and as I walked around strangely unaware of my surroundings I decided that just this once I would relax, soak it in, and enjoy being blissfully ignorant!


IMG_9497

France2

IMG_9512

France1

France3

IMG_9571

IMG_9574


Vive La France! ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment