Monday, September 12, 2011

Baptism:: Kevin&Chabeli




IMG_0990

I got my gear and went out to brave the heat. This must have been the hottest day of the year so far. The chapel was only a few blocks away from my house, so the most logical thing would be for me to walk there. As soon as I found the street and noticed the number I knew it would be quite a walk to get there. Also, it was all entirely uphill. As I slowly made it up the hill I saw the large crowd gathered in front of the building. I knew I was in the right place. The display of colors and patterns made me smile. I immediately felt like Cameroon must be a beautiful country to photograph. I was there to shoot a brother and sister, Kevin and Chabeli, as they were going to be baptized. Everyone was happy and high-fiving them.

As the ceremony came to an end and I was starting to mingle with the guests and take pictures, was when I realized just how short I am. It really didn't help that all the women there were wearing gorgeous dresses and equally amazing shoes. There I am, wearing dress pants and flats, sweating, and did I mention feeling short? Yeah. Feeling very very short.

The reception included african food, singing, and dancing. Several friends poked fun at me for thinking food was way too spicy, and I was given a ride back home by my client's bodyguards!
All in all, it was definitely a very memorable night! :)

IMG_1012

IMG_1047

AfricanBaptism1

IMG_1076

AfricanBaptism2

IMG_1129

AfricanBaptism3

IMG_1116

IMG_1243

IMG_1227

IMG_1273

IMG_1270

IMG_1238

IMG_1298

IMG_1320

IMG_1191

Congrats Kevin&Chabeli!
(Don't do anything "photo-girl" wouldn't do! ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment