Thursday, October 6, 2011

Personal::: Remembering Steve Jobs



Screen Shot 2011-10-06 at 3.17.02 AM

OK, so I realize that I must be a true nerd to be up at 3:14 am blogging on Steve Jobs. To make matters worse, I just realized that I said 3:14 am. Not 3:10, not 3:15... but 3:14. -sigh-

Steve Jobs... where do I even start?! I kid you not when I say that as soon as I read the news about his death I was unable to contain myself from crying out "NO!" and my heart immediately sunk. I sadly followed a link to www.apple.com only to find the company confirm of his passing. I opened up twitter and EVERY single post by EVERY single person I follow was talking about Steve Jobs. Wow!

Forget about Raymond, everybody loves STEVE!!

I guess all I really want to say is... I'm sad to see him go. I will admit that it feels funny to be sad about someone that I never met, but then again... didn't we all know him a little bit?Weren't we always looking forward to his keynote presentations? Googly-eyed and hungry to find out how much smaller, faster, and prettier he could make what already seemed like unbeatable products? Yes, the anticipation of some of us crazy photographers over what new magic tricks Steve was going to pull out of his sleeve was akin to that of a child on Christmas morning! And if you don't agree with me on this, then at least give me this much: Nobody could rock a black turtleneck like Steve could. Not even close.

And now he is gone, and it just doesn't feel right. At least to me it doesn't.

In case you couldn't tell, Steve Jobs was one of my heroes, and it certainly had nothing to do with this popularity or tremendous success. No. The thing about Steve is that he was what I call "A Creative". To me he represented a hard worker, a genius. An entrepreneur. An innovator. Perseverance at it's finest.

But the most important thing, to me, is that he was a dreamer. Being able to see what this one man, this one life, has been capable of doing is unbelievable to me. Witnessing how he changed so many lives, and influenced so many industries... well, it has somehow allowed me to dream too. For that I am thankful.

And here's some inspiration he left behind:

"Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma – which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of other’s opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary." - Steve Jobs


So here's to the dreamer and here's to living the dream.
God bless you Steve, you are certainly missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment