Monday, November 7, 2011

Travel::: Barcelona!!



IMG_5353

Murphy's Law states that if something could possibly go wrong, it will. I try to stay away from being overly pessimistic, but I have to admit that this principle has proved to be true many times in my life. One of those times was through my weekend trip to Barcelona a couple weeks ago. The "festival of wrongness" started when I had to wait for 3 hours for my friend's flight to land. Nothing like standing in baggage claim with nothing but unbelievable thirst, a soda machine, and no change. Then came not having directions to the hotel, the person getting robbed in the train next to us, and the pouring rain. It's all good though. I always remember how when I was little my mom used to say "When life gives you lemons, make lemonade!" and ever since, I have made it one of my goals in life to become an excellent lemonade maker. So I won't let a little delay and an unfortunate train ride rain on my parade.

The series of unfortunate events continued, and by the next day I was locked out of my hotel room. I won't go into details, but let's just say that there was a miscommunication between my friend and the receptionist and I learned the hard way that apparently I wasn't registered in the hotel. Therefore, the receptionist couldn't let me into my room with all my stuff in it. Passport, money, change of clothes. Did I mention my lighting gear that I needed for my rooftop photoshoot was locked there too? Yup. But I just went on my way and figured out a different use of the available light, and rocked what I had. At the very least we had fun and managed to get some great shots out of it. When the shoot was done I crossed Barcelona in the metro and went straight to meet with my friend Rachel and go clubbing. Clubbing? Me? Yup! Weird, huh? Most of you will know that I am in no way a party animal, but let's just say that I took being locked out as a good opportunity to dance all night and have a blast with my friend, and make some new friends along the way. Taking train rides at 4 am and hitting the most ridiculous street concert I have seen in my life. It's all part of the adventure. And even though I didn't get to go sightseeing as much as I had wanted, I'd like to think that I got to experience a little more of "the real Barcelona" instead of the "touristy Barcelona" everyone is used to.

So here's a couple photos to commemorate one of the most disastrous weekends of my life. As for me, I'm gonna just think of it as being "memorable" and enjoy myself with a happy glass of fresh-squeezed lemonade! :)






BCN1

IMG_5345

BCN3

IMG_5391

IMG_5379
People throw their earphones on top of the bus stop!

IMG_5370

IMG_5447

IMG_5730

IMG_5755

IMG_5432
Plaza Cataluña.

IMG_5421

IMG_5349

IMG_5405



No comments:

Post a Comment