Friday, November 25, 2011

Friday Findings::: Happy Thanksgiving!!



Thanksgiving!

Living in Spain, every year I find myself having to explain the story of the first thanksgiving to many people. The questions come from all people of all ages,often wanting to know why we are so obsessed with eating turkey. It's especially funny because here you can only buy sliced turkey, (like the kind you eat in sandwiches), and if you want a whole turkey you have to special order it and people look at you like you're nuts.

Yesterday, in good yearly tradition, I found myself explaining the story once more.

It's always a bit odd being in Spain when everyone else is celebrating thanksgiving. Having to go to work when everyone else is eating delicious snacks and watching football or the Macy's parade. I miss it.

Even just getting to prepare for the season by watching some preschool thanksgiving day play sounds like fun. Especially if it's half as entertaining or inaccurate as this one! I seriously can't wait until I can celebrate some thanksgivings of my own, make a disastrous turkey and end up eating turkey&cheese sandwiches.


Happy Thanksgiving!! (I hope you survive black friday)



No comments:

Post a Comment